803d Ordnance (Light Maintenance) Company

The 803d Ordnance (Light Maintenance) Company was not part of the original organization of the 103d Infantry Division in 1922. The 803d was added to the 103d Infantry Division as part of the division's reorganization when it was activated in 1942.


During combat operations, units were required to submit, on a monthly basis, a report of operations. These reports were dubbed "Unit Journals," and formed an integral part of the unit's history. The 803d Ordnance (Light Maintenance Company) historical documents provided below were retrieved from the National Archives Records Agency in College Park, Maryland through the efforts of many volunteers, with a special thanks to David Gilbert and Zack Sigler. Below is a copy of the historical account of the 803d Ordnance (Light Maintenance Company) and operations from November 1944 to June, 1945.


803d Ordnance (Light Maintenance Company) Unit Journal

Dale Center for the Study of War & Society • School of Humanities-History• College of Arts & Sciences

The University of Southern Mississippi • 118 College Drive #5047 • Hattiesburg, MS • 39406

webmaster Dr. Kenneth Swope