103d INFANTRY DIVISION WORLD WAR II ASSOCIATION
803d Ordnance (Light Maintenance) Company
The 103d Quartermaster Company was not part of the original organization of the 103d Infantry Division in 1922. The 103d Quartermaster Company became part of the 103d Infantry Division when the division was reorganized for activation in 1942.
During combat operations, units were required to submit a report on operations on a monthly basis. These unit reports were dubbed "Unit Journals," and formed an integral part of the unit's history. The 103d Quartermaster Company historical documents provided below were retrieved from the National Archives Records Agency in College Park, Maryland through the efforts of many volunteers, with a special thanks to David Gilbert and Zack Sigler. Below is a copy of the historical account of the 803d Ordnance (Light Maintenance Company) and operations from November 1944 to June, 1945.
Dale Center for the Study of War & Society • Department of History • College of Arts & Letters
The University of Southern Mississippi • 118 College Drive #5047 • Hattiesburg, MS • 39406
webmaster Dr. Kenneth Swope